- Sat. May 31st, 2008 @ 3:00pm - 6:00pm
- Chicago Lisp User Group
- Institute of Design
- Address: 350 N. LaSalle St, 4th Floor, Chicago
- Fee: 0
- Email Peter Christensen
INTRO TO LISP WORKSHOP
WHO: Programmers interested in learning more about Lisp.
HOW MUCH: The low, low price of 3ish hours of attention span.
WHEN: Saturday, May 31st from 3pm-6pm.
WHERE: Institute of Design, 350 N. LaSalle St, 4th floor, Chicago. Map.
WHAT: A hands-on introduction the the Common Lisp programming language
Tentative Schedule (presentations will be 30-60 min)
* Setting up a Lisp Environment (John Quigley): A hands-on walkthrough of how to setup a Lisp environment, Emacs, and SLIME. There will be documentation beforehand about steps to take and which packages to get.
* Lisp Basics and Idioms (Peter Christensen): Lisp syntax, contructs, basic code, idioms and practices.
* Common Lisp condition system (need a volunteer)
* Macros (Craig Luddington): How Lisp lets you write code that writes code that writes code â�¦ and why youâ��d want to do that.
* Demos of cool things in Lisp (need volunteers): showing off both neat and practical things that Lisp can do.
Weâ��re looking for volunteers to do the following:
* Present on the CL condition system
* Suggest and present on other aspects of CL not listed here that would be suitable for an introductory session
* Walk around and help troubleshoot during the first session about setting up your environment.
* Help with audio and video recording
* Provide audio recording equipment (mics, cords, some way to record the audio on a computer, etc)
* Contact other programming user groups to promote the event
If youâ��re interested in attending or helping, please email Peter Christensen (http://www.pchristensen.com/blog/contact-me/) and include â��Intro to Lisp Workshopâ�� at the start of the message.
Questions? Contact: Peter Christensen